Temporary, full-time canvasser at a minimum of 30 hours per week through November 8, 2022
In the areas of St. Louis, St. Charles, Springfield, Kansas City, KC Northland, Eastern Jackson County.
Missouri Jobs with Justice Voter Action (MO JwJ) is a coalition of labor, faith, student and community activists and organizations committed to protecting the basic human rights of all people. MO JwJ attacks the root causes of poverty while working for an economic system that benefits the entire community. We believe that the fate of all working people and the communities in which they live are tightly bound together. We strive to build a multi-racial movement and are dedicated to leadership development and base building. We work in partnership with central labor councils, local unions, civil rights organizations, students, community, and faith-based organizations in mobilizing direct actions for social and economic justice, including the right to organize a union, rebuilding the social safety net, living wages, health care, and equal treatment for all. MO JwJ is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We seek a diverse pool of volunteers and applicants for all opportunities and responsibilities within the organization – in particular with respect to women, people of color, the LGBTQIA community, immigrants, and people of all ages.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable having conversations with a wide array of people. Canvassers will work closely with their Field Lead to ID voters in their region.
- Must have a smartphone with a data plan, a drivers license, current car insurance and a working vehicle.
- Must have the ability to work at minimum 30 hours a week. Shift times include: Tuesday – Friday 3-8pm, Saturdays 10am-6pm and Sundays 11am-6pm.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to articulate the script and ability to adapt to changes in the script
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be vaccinated
- Solid commitment to the principles of social and economic justice
- Door to Door Canvassing: You will be expected to walk door to door and talk to voters, with an expectation of 20 doors per hour.
- Properly Record Information: Canvassers will be responsible for using their own personal smartphone or personal tablet to properly record the data from the conversations they have on the doors.
To Apply, go to: https://forms.gle/vtnM8MTYZZDxq1CB7
For more information on Missouri Jobs with Justice Voter Action, please visit www.mojwj.org or call the office at 877-644-0466.