Salary range: $44,000-50,000
Benefits: Full health coverage for individual and family, paid vacation and sick days, 5% retirement match, employer funded FSA, phone reimbursement, and union representation.
Missouri Jobs with Justice (MO JwJ) is a coalition of labor, faith, student and community activists and organizations committed to protecting the basic human rights of all people. MO JwJ attacks the root causes of poverty while working for an economic system that benefits the entire community. We believe that the fate of all working people and the communities in which they live are tightly bound together. We strive to build a multi-racial movement and are dedicated to leadership development and base building. We work in partnership with central labor councils, local unions, civil rights organizations, students, community, and faith-based organizations in mobilizing direct actions for social and economic justice, including the right to organize a union, rebuilding the social safety net, living wages, health care, and equal treatment for all. MO JwJ is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We seek a diverse pool of volunteers and applicants for all opportunities and responsibilities within the organization – in particular with respect to women, people of color, the LGBTQIA community, immigrants, and people of all ages.
The Fund Development Associate is an entry level position under the supervision of the Director of Operations. This position will work closely with staff and leaders in implementing MO JwJ’s fund development plan and will support the growth of our individual membership and donor programs. This position can be based in Columbia, Kansas City, Springfield or St. Louis and will require some travel around the state as part of campaigns and meetings with MO JwJ leadership and staff.
- Assist with planning and execution of the annual membership and fundraising campaigns, including maintaining a fundraising calendar, coordinating staff and leaders, preparing materials, and creating progress reports throughout the year.
- Develop and implement direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed.
- Create and implement strategies for donor development and cultivation, which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base.
- Maintain donor database and acknowledgement of donations.
- Help build and maintain major donor program, by identifying prospects, developing strategies, and soliciting or coordinating the solicitation by other staff, board or leaders, as appropriate.
- Assist with planning and execution of the organization’s annual ad book, which includes organization follow-up, tracking, and ad layout.
- Assist with planning and execution of fundraising events.
- Assist with institutional and foundation fundraising efforts, including grant research, maintaining a grants calendar, and preparing organizational documents for submission.
- Help create and implement online strategy for web-based and email fundraising campaigns.
- Provide support to local leadership bodies with fundraising efforts.
- Keep up-to-date on current fundraising programs, practices and procedures used in grassroots or nonprofit fundraising.
Must Have Qualifications:
- Solid commitment to the principles of social, economic and racial justice
- Commitment to dismantling white supremacy and patriarchy
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to be a self-starter, and to work independently toward agreed upon goals
- Well organized with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A strong ability to motivate people, coordinate volunteer activity and delegate responsibility
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of organizations and people
- Willingness to work long hours, including nights and weekends; while also being able to prioritize work and seek input and feedback from the team about how to maintain a healthy work life balance
- Proficient in computer skills, including database management, word processing and desktop publishing
Ideal Applicants would also have knowledge of and/or participation in Jobs with Justice in Missouri, and have an understanding of the labor movement, religious organizations and other social movements.
Please send a resume, cover letter and at least three references by October 28, 2022.
Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Fund Development Associate” in the subject line. Please send documents as PDF or MS Word email attachments.
**Any candidate who makes it past the 1st interview will be asked to put together some proposals and do on the ground work with MO JWJ. They will be compensated for their time at the hourly rate of a base salary. We believe the process of applying, interviewing and organizing work will take between 4-6 weeks.
For more information on Missouri Jobs with Justice, please visit www.mojwj.org or call the office at 877-644-0466.